April 17, 2022 at 10 a.m.
Easter Sunday is a festival that honors the Resurrection! Come join us for a festive celebration of our God who dispels our fear of uncertainty and death. This year, we have online and in person offerings!
In-Person ON Easter
There is a place for you this Easter at Wicker Park Lutheran Church! Learn more about some of the most important information as you plan your Easter experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do you offer for children?
- In our worship space, we have a kid’s PraySpace designed for infants and toddlers. There are rocking chairs, books, small tables, crayons, coloring books, and children’s bulletins.
- During worship, those ages 5-10 are invited to attend Sunday School held through the sermon. Click here to download a Sunday School registration form before you arrive.
- We have a nursery available for children under age 5. Unfortunately, it will not be staffed during Easter Sunday. Come back another Sunday to meet our amazing care giver!
- I’m not Lutheran, can I take Communion?
- 100% yes. No “ifs,” “ands,” or “buts” about it. The Communion table is Christ’s table, and at Christ’s table all are welcome.
- Do I have to wear a mask?
- Because of the children under 5 who cannot be vaccinated yet, we ask everyone over the age of 2 to wear a surgical or respirator mask. These types of masks provide better protection than cloth masks. We’ll have a mask for you if you need one.
- Is there a parking lot?
- We do not have a parking lot. However, all the street parking is non-zoned and free near the church. Don’t forget that the Damen Blue Line stop and many bus lines are 2 blocks away. There’s always ride share as well!
- Is the building ADA accessible?
- Unfortunately, not yet. We are in the process of finalizing a plan to make these upgrades, but haven’t launched the campaign yet.
Livestream ON Easter
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I be seen or need to talk during the service?
- Nope! Your microphone and camera will not be enabled. So, wear your pajamas, we won’t be watching.
- Will there be Communion?
- Yes! You’re invited to participate in this hybrid experience. As Christians, we know that Communion celebrates the gathering of all of God’s baptized from all times and places. Don’t let the screen get in the way of experiencing this sacred meal. So, grab something to eat and drink, ideally a festive beverage and a staple-grain.
- Won’t worship feel different on Livestream?
- It’ll feel a bit different, but during the pandemic, you may find it better to remain offsite. We’re doing our best to make it feel like the at-church experience. A way to make it feel even more like the church, check out or “Easter at Home” Experience below.
- So, can I receive a Worship Livestream reminder?
- Of course! Sign up for a text reminder here.
- Where can I learn more about WPLC?
“Easter at Home” Experience
If you’re not feeling well or playing it safe this year, we want to bring the full Wicker Park Lutheran experience to you! Here’s how:
- Get out your Alleluia!
- The Alleluia can be simply written on a piece of paper, on a big banner, or cut-out letters. Here is a coloring sheet you can download.
- Prepare for Communion (get something to eat and drink, ideally a staple-grain and a festive beverage–may we suggest sparkling juice or champagne?).
- Set up a “special table” for this communal meal. Maybe include a Bible, a candle, flowers, a nice plate, a favorite cup, and a couple of napkins.
- Before service, considering making fresh Communion bread
- Get some confetti.
- Cut or tear up paper or buy some (it’s not Easter at WPLC without it!)
- For children, download one of our Easter Sunday children’s activity bulletins above.