We are excited to welcome you to in-person worship! We value your safety and our community, so things look a little different. Learn more about what you can expect on this page.
These practices are to best protect the wide diversity of individuals who worship with us. This includes the immune-compromised, those on the journey to vaccination, and children/adults who cannot be vaccinated. We are taking it slow in resuming in-person worship practices to best allow all of us to journey together in comfort and health.
Initially, you can expect:
- No reservations are necessary.
- Masks are required regardless of your vaccination status. You may remove your mask during worship within your seating spot/pew if you are fully vaccinated. Vaccine-verified song leaders, staff, and pastoral leaders will remove masks when speaking or leading music.
- “Social stickers” (see below) will communicate your comfort and honor God’s presence within our neighbor. When you arrive, you’ll choose a sticker to wear at church.
- Red stickers indicate that you prefer distance of at least six feet.
- Yellow stickers communicate the desire for a bit of distance, but it’s okay to give a quick fist/elbow bump.
- Green stickers tell others that distance is not needed and a handshake or hug (with consent) is welcome.
- Communion will be with individual communion kits at your seat. You will pick up a kit with either juice or wine along with gluten-free bread when you enter the worship space.
- All seating will give distance between groups. Choose your own seating spot when you arrive. Note that limited seating is available in the sanctuary, but additional seating is provided in the fellowship hall and balcony.
- No congregational singing during the service. However, at the end of service you may remain and sing the postlude hymn with a mask.
- Temporary closure of the staffed nursery and the children’s playspace within the sanctuary. Children’s messages and in-service interactions are on hold. However, activity kits will be provided for children in their pew.
- Increased ventilation with open doors and windows, sanctuary exhaust fan running throughout the service, and air conditioning units circulating and cooling the air.
What to Expect When you Arrive
It’s been a while since we gathered in person. Now, things have changed with the pandemic. Check out the video below to give a feel for what you’ll expect when you walk up to our building.
Ways to help With Worship
Worship has always been “the work of the people!” We warmly welcome your participation. Click here to learn about ways you can help.
We’re here to help! Give us a call at 773-276-0263, or e-mail either Pastor Jason (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our office assistant, Annette, (email@example.com) for further information.