We are excited to welcome you to in-person worship! We value your safety and our community, so things look a little different. Learn more about what you can expect on this page.
These practices are to best protect the wide diversity of individuals who worship with us. This includes the immune-compromised, those on the journey to vaccination, and children/adults who cannot be vaccinated.
- Masks are required indoors regardless of your vaccination status at all times, including while seated in your pew. Vaccine-verified song leaders will lead all the music with masks. Vaccine-verified leaders will remove masks only when speaking.
- All seating will give distance between groups. Seating within 16 feet of worship leaders and song leaders will not be available per synod recommendations. Choose your own seating spot when you arrive. Note that limited seating is available in the sanctuary, but additional seating is provided in the fellowship hall and balcony.
- No congregational singing during the service due to the high risk of spreading COVID-19. However, at the end of service you may remain and sing the postlude hymn with a mask. We recommend that you evaluate your risk of infection and do what is best for you and your loved ones.
- “Social stickers” (see below) will communicate your comfort and honor God’s presence within our neighbor. When you arrive, you’ll choose a sticker to wear at church.
- Red stickers indicate that you prefer distance of at least six feet.
- Yellow stickers communicate the desire for a bit of distance, but it’s okay to give a quick fist/elbow bump.
- Green stickers tell others that distance is not needed and a handshake or hug (with consent) is welcome.
- Communion will be with individual communion kits at your seat. You will pick up a kit with either juice or wine when you enter the worship space.
- Temporary closure of the staffed nursery and the children’s playspace within the sanctuary. Children’s messages and in-service interactions are on hold. However, activity kits will be provided for children in their pew.
- Increased ventilation with open doors and windows, sanctuary exhaust fan running throughout the service, and air conditioning units circulating and cooling the air.
- No reservations are necessary.
What to Expect When you Arrive
It’s been a while since we gathered in person. Now, things have changed with the pandemic. Check out the video below to give a feel for what you’ll expect when you walk up to our building.
Ways to help With Worship
Worship has always been “the work of the people!” We warmly welcome your participation. Click here to learn about ways you can help.
We’re here to help! Give us a call at 773-276-0263, or e-mail either Pastor Jason (email@example.com) or our office assistant, Annette, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.