Wicker Park Lutheran Church invites you to participate in “a time to listen”–our anticipated “listening project” as a part of our Looking Forward goals. This is a time to connect and hear; it’s a time to remember and learn; it’s our time to look toward our future together.
After all, what we’ve experienced this past year could not have been anticipated. Whether from a health, social, economic, or political lens, we are living through one of the most stressful, challenging, and transformative periods of the past century. So, join us as we imagine and listen together.
Liminal seasons are rich times, ripe for innovation and creativity. A threshold has opened. Our grasp on the past has loosened. The threshold invites us to let go of our fears and discomforts, along with some things that we hold dear. We are broken open to embrace new possibilities.Susan Beaumont
The “WhO” and The “What”
Everyone–members or non-members– are invited to gather for a single 60-70 minute session. During these sessions, we’ll:
- Connect with others.
- Share what we’ve missed during the time of Digital Church.
- Explore what we’ve gained during the past year.
- Discover our impressions of WPLC’s Christian values.
- Converge on what is emerging in our context and congregation as we move into a hybrid (digital and in-person) worship community.
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NRSV)
- Sunday June 13; 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. during Virtual Fellowship
- Wednesday, June 2 from 6-7 p.m.
- Thursday, June 10 from 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 11 from 12-1 p.m.
For any questions about “A Time to Listen,” please contact the Congregation’s Executive Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.