Lenten Project: Supporting Ministry Partners Empowering DiversE Genders
Goals to pour a bucket of water on each individual’s heads (by 4/17/22): $3,000 (Vicar Jason); $5,000 (+ Annette); $7,000 (+ Dr. Jordan); $9,000 (+ Pastor Jason)
Progress (as of 4/14): $5,140 — we are 92% through the Lenten Project, 57% to $9,000 goal
Each year, the WPLC community embraces the Lenten discipline of giving our financial gifts to those in need through our Lenten Project. As we experience a Lenten series entitled “Lenten Limitations and Liberations: when God and others are constructed by a patriarchal lens,” so too we support this work with our gifts. This year, we are supporting a variety of our ministry partners across the city and globe who are empowering people who are femme, trans, or gender non-binary. These organizations include:
- Lighthouse Foundation, a Black, Queer-led social justice organization
- The Night Ministry‘s homeless youth shelter serving many LGBTQIA+ youth
- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois, including foster services and work with incarcerated mothers
- Refugee One helping fleeing refugees including women and sexual minorities
- ELCA World Hunger , includes helping cover school fees for unprivileged girls along with farming school and microloans for women, microloans
- Lutheran Disaster Response supporting efforts in Ukraine and eastern Europe
While the above ministry partners are our featured partners, every gift given to any of the service funds during Lent will count towards the goal.
Give a 100% tax-deductible gift
TAX NOTE: If you are a first time donor on Venmo or PayPal and want to share your mailing address so we can thank you and send a giving statement for tax purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full legal name and mailing address.