Lenten Project: Supporting Our Ministry Partners
Each year, the WPLC community embraces the Lenten discipline of giving our financial gifts to those in need through our Lenten Project. As journey through our Lenten series of “Lament and Liberation,” so too we engage in this topic with our gifts.
This year, we are highlighting some of our ministry partners across the city and globe who are work and support those who lament and seek liberation. These organizations include:
- Lighthouse Foundation, a Black, Queer-led social justice organization
- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois, including mental health services, prison ministry, senior care, affordable housing, and disability programs
- Refugee One helping fleeing refugees
- ELCA World Hunger , includes micro-loans, food pantries, advocacy, and soup kitchens
- Lutheran Disaster Response supporting earthquake response in Türkiye and Syria along with the war in Ukraine
- Metropolitan Chicago Synod – bringing liberation in Jesus’s name by proclaiming the gospel, making disciples, and doing justice
While the above ministry partners are our featured partners, every gift given to any of the service funds during Lent will count towards the goal.
Give a 100% tax-deductible gift
TAX NOTE: If you are a first time donor on Venmo or PayPal and want to share your mailing address so we can thank you and send a giving statement for tax purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full legal name and mailing address.