Even in the time of a pandemic, what we know to be true is that God is present with us! WPLC continues to welcome those seeking the Sacrament of baptism using specific COVID-modifications below to protect all those involved.
- With the modifications for COVID-19 below we still fully embody the essential nature of baptism found at all times and places (click here for more details).
- Each individual or their parents/guardians for the baptism of a minor will talk with Pastor Jason about the Sacrament of baptism and the specifics of baptism during the time of the COVID-19 pandemic. You can schedule a 60-minute conversation with Pastor Jason at www.calendly.com/pastorj
- At WPLC, we affirm the Lutheran practice of holding baptisms within the Sunday service as a reminder that the individual becomes a part of this particular community of faith. We only hold one baptism each Sunday, and Pastor Jason can give a list of available Sundays.
- During the baptism, only the individual being baptized (along with their parents/guardians for a minor) will be able to be present in the church building due to COVID-19 precautions. However, family, friends, and sponsors are invited to participate using our Worship Livestream!
- Sponsors for the baptism (sometimes called godparents) will be introduced by the individual being baptized (or the parents/guardians for a minor) during the service and we will display their photos for those in worship. Each sponsor will also be given a commemorative sponsorship certificate as we honor their important role in the faith journey of the newly baptized.
- In the event that a staff person or the pastor must be quarantined on the day of the baptism and we cannot offer in-person baptism at the church, we will reschedule the baptism for another Sunday.
- On the day of the baptism, the individual being baptized (along with their parents/guardians for a minor) will need to complete a symptom pre-screen before arrival, a contact-free temperature check will be taken at the door, and those over the age of two will be required to wear a mask the entire time onsite.
- When meeting with Pastor Jason, additional explanation will be given regarding the differences in how worship must be conducted during the time of COVID-19, including no union speaking, no singing, distanced communion, and the impacts to the worship environment to hold our Worship Livestream each Sunday.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to Pastor Jason (email@example.com or 773-276-0263) for additional information or any questions. We are honored and excited to welcome you or your child to the font of Holy Baptism!