Updated: Friday, March 13, 2020 at 6 p.m.
WPLC continues to follow the advice of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), the Metropolitan Chicago Synod, and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) as we engage in our life together.
Out of an abundance of caution and with the most vulnerable on our minds, as of Saturday, March 14, 2020, WPLC will become an entirely digitally-based congregation.
We will still be the body of Christ together–we will gather in community around word and sacrament, we will support each other in times of need, we will build community, we will study scripture, and we will see God’s movement in our midst. Together with God and neighbor, we will experience church in new ways still embracing the same values that has given our congregation strength for 140 years and our faith for thousands of years.
Join us in being church together in this time and place.
We are worshipping together via Livestream (using web-based connections or via telephone)! Our Sunday and midweek services continue. Bulletins are available for your participation. Click here to get connected and to learn more.
Pastor Jason and Vicar Paisley are available for conversation via Zoom meetings (using audio and/or video). If you’re feeling stressed, worried, or fearful, we are here to provide spiritual support. Additional avenues for group-based and individual spiritual care will likely be made available in the weeks to come.
- Click here to schedule a video conversation with Pastor Jason
- E-mail Vicar Paisley to schedule a video conversation at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may be distant, but we’re not going to be spiritually or socially isolated! Click here to learn about the small group offerings, our Pandemic Hope devotions, and weekly Bible study.
Remaining Connected with WPLC
In the days ahead, look for additional ways to electronically-engage with your faith. The following ways are the best to keep connected with us at this time:
- Ensure that you are on the WPLC e-News list to receive notifications
- If you are a part of our online community (CCB), ensure that your e-mail, cell phone, and cell phone carrier are up-to-date and accurate
Working for Justice
At this time, the Congregation Council has made the decision to offer paid sick leave as needed along with paid time off when mandatory closings have been issued by the Council or the government. However, this issue of providing financial support and justly engaging with our employees is dependent on our generous donors and members. During this time of digital engagement, we invite you to continue to donate regularly to our “general operating.”
Committee Meetings, Events, Space Use, and Small Groups
- WPLC committee meetings will be held electronically or postponed, please look for notifications from Pastor Jason or the chair of the committee
- Small group ministries (Meet & Eat, Book Club, etc.) should meet electronically and the group’s leader(s) will be in touch with further information as it is available
- Coro Amici Community Choir is temporarily on break
Please Contact Pastor Jason (email@example.com) with any additional questions.