Weddings at WPLC
You want a marriage that will last, and we’ve got the support you need and the gorgeous site to make it happen! Our beautifully restored, historic church is available for weddings and wedding vow renewal ceremonies. Come be a part of over 135 years of weddings in the beautiful Wicker Park/ Bucktown neighborhood.
All are Welcome at WPLC
At WPLC we affirm and welcome all people to participate in marriage regardless of your religious past, membership status at WPLC, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, marital history, race, country of birth, socioeconomic or employment status, physical ability, political party, immigration status, home address, medical or psychological history.
We are committed to helping you experience your wedding as a spiritual celebration. We will respectfully consider your unique personalities and experiences while striving to maintain integrity in the traditions that have enriched the marriages of countless generations of people before us. We will listen to you, provide careful guidance, and work with you in every way we can. We pray that our efforts will reveal God’s commitment to you on this most important of days.
Why have your wedding at WPLC?
- Convenient to public transportation (bus stops and “L” station within blocks)
- Two blocks from neighborhood hotel and local B&Bs
- Reception sites available throughout Bucktown and Wicker Park
- Meticulously renovated sanctuary and building exterior
- Historic, one-of-a-kind pipe organ and concert-quality grand piano
- Space available for rehearsal dinners (additional cost may apply)
- Beautiful, quiet, tree-lined neighborhood setting perfect for pictures
- We welcome outside officiants and musicians and are committed to their success
- Full-color ceremony bulletin designed and printed to help guests fully participate (when using WPLC’s pastor)
- Wedding packages are based on the size of the wedding and include one-hour wedding rehearsal in the sanctuary and five-hour use of the entire building on the day of the ceremony (two hours for setup, one hour for the ceremony, and one hour to clean-up)
- Partnerships with nearby parking lots (pending availability, additional cost may apply)
- Our friendly and knowledgeable wedding assistant will make your onsite experience a delight
- Experienced and understanding church musician and pastor recognizing your unique ceremony needs
- Support WPLC’s community work throughout Chicago
- Be a part of the tradition of having a wedding in Wicker Park since 1879
Tour Our Building
Come inside – we’re happy to talk through our space and give you a tour! We have availability when the church office is open Sundays between noon and 2 p.m. along with Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Other days and times are available by appointment.
Please contact our parish assistant, Mary, for a tour and to talk details using email via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 773-276-0263. We’re excited to welcome you to the perfect location for your wedding in our beautiful and historic building!
More Information and Reserve Your Date
Full details about a WPLC wedding can be found in our Wedding Information and Procedures. When you’re ready to reserve a date, click here to download and return our Wedding Agreement.
Looking for a Chicago-based wedding officiant?
A church wedding is not for every couple – we get that. We offer ceremonies off site within Chicago and its surrounding suburbs. You’ll get the same level of care and detail as an onsite wedding in the location of your choice. For our pastor to officiate an off-site wedding at another venue, please view our Off-Site Wedding Information and Procedures. Don’t hesitate to contact Pastor Jason (email@example.com or 773-276-0263) with any questions!